Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lions and elephants and Hippos, oh my!


I am psyched about going to So. Africa to visit my friends Pepe and Marie. I will be gone for 3 weeks into the wilds of the southernmost portion of Africa. As I always do, I will be blogging away, hopefully on a nightly basis.

We will be going to Kruger National Park and stay a couple of nights in a camp compound! Sounds so exciting, doesn't it? I hope to see the big 5: Lions, Leopards, Hippos, Elephants and Hippos. What is so cool about it is that I will see them in their natural habitat. I don't know how it could get much better than this!

There are so many things to be done in the short time I have left. Unfortunately, Malaria is a concern according to the Dept. of State and Center for Disease Control, so I have made an appt. with my doc and will be following up with some Malaria pills. I also need an adapter for my electronics that will fit in a So. Africa plug, and I have one, compliments of Brookstone, so I am good to go.

I have my international phone which works everywhere, including So. Africa. Not that I will call too much, but in case of an emergency, it will come in handy.

I will also be exploring the Limpopo province, town of Tzaneen, where my friends live. I have my hiking boots, lots of capris and shirts as well as a jacket for those cool nights. It is going to be a blast. I hope you will follow me as I take to the wilds!

Love,
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment