Saturday, October 30, 2010

The beautiful vistas everywhere!












Marie








Pepe



Hi everyone! Another beautiful day on the farm. The sun is shining and the clouds drift lazily across the top. We had a little bit of rain last night. Pepe calls it fairy dust. Just a sprinkling. he and I have been biking everywhere, dirt trails and high into the mountains. Suddenly there are trees everywhere, cold breezes and haze on the top and then, puff! We are in the valley again and it is warmer.


Marie and I went for a ride to the Coach House, which makes candy and houses a restaurant as well as a lovely hotel with the most outstanding view of the mountains. I have changed my mindset fully about what my expectations were of the topography of S. Africa. I can't believe how green and mountanous it is near Tzaneen.




There are beautiful gardens that we visited and of course the spectacular view. There was a tree that had been struck by lightning and was dead. Folk lure says that it was struck the night the owner, Ms. Ess died.
















It is peaceful and serene here, and I want to send out a big "Hello" to all my friends at the library.
















More tomorrow. Life is simple here and quite wonderful.
















Love,
Kerry








2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a great time. I think you should propose a series to National Geographic with you as the host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love you Juan, right? We will have a google affair, then Maria will never know. LOL

    ReplyDelete