Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cheerio Gardens and the Misty valley

Well Everyone,

Here is the last day of my trip. I will be home soon on a long jet plane ride. It was an amazing trip and I hope that you have enjoyed following me on this journey to So. Africa.

The day was misty and the mountains were shrouded in fog. Even rain and fog can't deter me when I want to see the sights, like the postman. LOL Marie and I decided to go to Cheerio Gardens which has an azalea forest during Sept. There are trails leading through them and I was hoping that since it had stayed cooler than normal, that some might still be blooming. We drove on some clay roads which were slick, compliments of the wet weather, but we went up the mountains to Cheerio. The views were gorgeous!










This is one of the views across one of the many ponds. There were still some azaleas still blooming!








Old paths went across old bridges with the lush green foliage.









This shot looks so serene that I call it "Meditation Meadow.










After we hiked, got totally misted we drove down the mountain to the Pot 'n Plow for lunch. This is a landmark restaurant in the area. Everyone goes for Pizza! It is homemade and has a thin, crispy crust.









This is the parting shot for this trip. Hoped I would see one cross the road.

What a wonderful, wonderful trip. The sights, sounds, smells and tastes of this land were more than I could have dreamed about. The people were friendly and my hosts were absolutely amazing. Baie dankie Africa, which in Africaaner means, Thank you. Till next time...

Love,
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment